At ACRC, we recruit our surrogates based on ASRM guidelines. We have very stringent requirements for the women who would like to become a surrogate. Becoming a surrogate, the candidate must be:
- Between the ages of 21 – 38
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Had at least one uncomplicated pregnancy and delivery
- Have Body Mass Index of no higher than 30
- Non-smoker and non-drug user
- Good physical & mental health
- Agree to psychological, drug & criminal screening
- Have a supportive spouse/partner, family member, or friend
- Financial and living stable
- Flexible with medical appointments and travel
After you are matched with a surrogate candidate, her profile and medical records will be sent to your IVF doctor for pre-approval. Thereafter, the doctor will perform a screening to check her lining, STD, drugs and immunity. Her partner or spouse will undergo STD and drug tests as well if they live together.
So you do not need to worry your surrogate has a bad lifestyle.